Saturday, February 19, 2005

Superhero

There have been moments this week when I've wanted to get on here and wax lyrically about all the things that fuck me off, and I realised that it's a bit pointless. I wish it wasn't, but it is. Life is pointless, even if you have meaning in it.

There's a story I like to tell my friends and people who need a jolt of philosophy in their lives. I once had a Chinese landlord, who when I owed a lot of money to, said, in a very unpatronising tone, the following words of wisdom: "I never wish for the world to be a better place because it won't be. That is asking for too much. What I wish for is for the world to be fairer, that isn't asking too much." I like the Chinese. In fact, I'm beginning to like a lot of races that aren't English or American. I think I should have been born a European, but it wouldn't have worked because I'm so bloody Victorian in my attitudes.

It's snowing. It won't settle and in some ways that is both a good and a bad thing.

No comments: