Monday, March 06, 2006

Jacket Hangs

In a previous life, I was a little above a nobody. It actually suited me. In this previous life I had my fifteen minutes of 'fame' - within the context of the life I led. And like has-been celebrities from the real world, I clung onto it with every fibre of my being - which was a bit sad really when you boil it all down, mainly because this world was nothing special in the first place.

Someone asked me why I kept going back even though this former life had bitten me on the arse so many times and to be honest I can't really give a definitive answer for that. I've given answers, but none of them seemed to be really heartfelt. Then, amazingly, without any fuss I managed to leave it all behind - much the same way I gave up drugs - quickly and quietly, with no fuss and no fanfare.

This last couple of weeks there has been a concerted effort by certain people from my old life to try and get me involved in my old life again. I can't fathom why it means so much to some people, I wasn't a somebody, I was just above a nobody - that doesn't count for much. But, there have been a number of things, that I would describe as 'chain-rattling', that seem to have been designed to get me roaring back into my old life with all guns blazing. And I just don't understand why. Well, actually I can, but it's so screwy most people wouldn't believe me and I'd need to write a 300,000 word history to reinforce my belief.

Life's too fucking short.

No comments: