Monday, November 29, 2004

Themes for Great Cities

I'm fed up with this planet. It is spiralling out of control. If the last generations of dinosaurs had conscious thought I'm sure many of them were aware of their demise long before the meteor tore the continents of the Americas a new arsehole. I mean they'd floated around for millions of years in one form or another, they must have started to realise that time was running out for them?

That's how I feel. I look around and I see the world in miscrocosm around me.

Life is a struggle. It might be more comfortable than it was 500 years ago, but it is still a struggle. If we've got to put up with this shit we might as well be warm and have some shelter - of course not even that is afforded to many.

I think about the people who have more money than sense, or more money than is fit for them, and I look at kids in doorways on cold, wet, nights and I think regardless of the reasons for this it is grossly unfair that one man can spend £25million on a man who can kick a football, yet £25 will get a homeless person off of the street and into a shelter, for up to a week.

It pisses me off that the press can spend more time trying to expose the sordid lives of our politicians and celebrities, when what they should be doing is showing the rest of the country and world about social and civil injustice, because it takes place on a street near you every single day of the year. Who really cares what a single person is doing when there are still children on the poverty line. Surely our governments should be tackling the reasons why society is breaking down at its lowest levels, rather than waste money fighting someone elses wars.

No comments: